- The aim of the workshop is to enhance the direct exchange of scientific information amongst the younger members of the community from both experiments and theory. It promotes and facilitates informal interactions among young scientists in the field. The workshop will consist of short presentations combined into topical sessions, each session will be followed by a relatively long Q&A period. Results and future perspectives from heavy ion programs at BNL, CERN, and GSI will also be discussed. Topics that will be addressed include:
- QCD at high temperature/density and lattice QCD
- Initial state effects and the Color Glass Condensate
- Relativistic hydrodynamic and collective phenomena
- Correlations and fluctuations
- Baryons and Strangeness
- Heavy Flavor, dileptons and photons
- Applications of String Theory and AdS/CFT
- Jets in the vacuum and in the medium
- Experimental techniques and future programs apparatus
- The workshop will took place on June 21-26, 2010, La Londe les Maures, in the French Riviera For more details see here.
- The morning and afternoon sessions consisted of short (~15-20 min) presentations, each followed by a relatively long Q&A session. At the end of each session we had a long discussion section (~1h). Ample free time between lunch and the late afternoon session and after dinner enhanced informal interactions.
- This year we plan to have ~70 participants (+9 organizers). As before every participant will give an oral presentation.
- Registration including full room and board , a total of 350 Euro, MUST be paid before Sat. May 22nd. See here for more details.
- There will be proceedings for the workshop. Details to be announced later.
- As for previous Hot Quarks, a symbolic award for the best presentation at the workshop will be instituted. The award is dedicated to the memory of the late Klaus Kinder-Geiger. Winner of HQ2008 was Sevil Salur.